Because Potato Gems are retro AF. Highly suitable for hungover people.
Serves 2 hungover people, 4 regular people
- 1 bag of Potato Gems (or equivalent; Potato Jewels and Potato Nuggets also acceptable)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 150g of ham, chopped (animal lovers may omit)
- Grated Colby cheese, amount dependent on your love of cheese
- 3 spring onions
- Handful of jalapenos
- Fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees
- Put your beautiful Potato Gems on your oven tray in one layer, cook for 15 minutes
- Chuck them into a deeper tray, throw in your peas, corn and ham and stir it around. You can basically throw in anything else that takes your fancy or that you have on hand. This is especially true for hungover people. Throw it in and go back to bed for a while, you’ve worked hard. This is not a MasterChef dish people, don’t be making a special trip to the local market for organic, artisanal, handpicked baby peas still in their pods. If you do that, you have failed. Get off my blog.
- Throw your grated cheese on top. Then grate more cheese and throw that on too.
- Whack it back in the oven and turn on the grill. Grill until the cheese is brown and bubbly. I once browned the bake for the amount of time it took to walk to Blockbuster Video North Fitzroy, bicker with my boyfriend about which movie to hire and walk home. This was a number of decades ago, obvs. My boyfriend has since died of old age.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with spring onions, parsley and jalapenos. Plop on some sour cream.
- Eat it in bed while nodding your head and making groaning noises.
© 2018 Good Day Group Pty Ltd ABN 54 612 840 338