Terms and conditions
Good Day Group Pty Ltd ABN 54 612 840 338
Terms and Conditions of Hire and Styling
1. Agreeing to our terms and conditions
- Paying your booking fee to secure your booking means you have accepted our terms and conditions as stated below.
- The ‘Owner’ is Good Day Group Pty Ltd, ABN 54 612 840 338, trading as Good Day Rentals
- The ‘Customer’ refers to the person, firm or corporation hiring equipment or obtaining styling services from the Owner
- The ‘Equipment’ means all the equipment and accessories supplied to the Customer
- The ‘Styling and Planning Services’ means all the concepts, designs, and plans supplied to the Customer for their event, and the time taken to prepare them
- ‘Terms’ means these Terms and Conditions of Hire and Styling
3. Conditions of hire
- The hiring of the Equipment will commence from the commencement date specified and continue for the term specified. The Customer is entitled to use the Equipment for the hire period. Any extension of the period must be agreed to by the Owner.
- The Customer must complete the Customer Details form at least 14 days prior to the booking. If the form is not completed, the booking can be cancelled by the Owner.
- Minimum hire is $250.
- Collection and return from our warehouse is available, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 9.30am and 4.30pm, at the discretion of the Owner. Other times are available at the Owner’s discretion.
- The Customer agrees to pay the Owner the hire fee specified for the Equipment for the hire period including any applicable GST, stamp duties, penalties, levies or freight and other charges relevant to this agreement.
- The required fees must be paid to the Owner no less than 14 days prior to the commencement date of the hire period.
- Equipment not returned on time and in accordance with this agreement will be subject to a continuance of the agreed rental until return is complete.
- Payment for hire of the Equipment must be made as follows:
- 30% of the agreed hire price upon confirmation of order; and
- The balance of the agreed hire price made no less than 14 days prior to delivery of the goods.
- For orders placed within 30 days of the event, 100% is due at time of booking.
- Payment must be made by bank deposit or cash.
- Furniture will not be delivered and cannot be collected unless payment has been finalised.
- Payment for Styling and Planning Services must be made as follows:
- 100% of the agreed design fee when the Customer contracts the Owner to undertake the Styling or Planning Services
- No design work will take place until the design fee is paid. The design fee will be outlined in the quote.
- 50% of the agreed styling budget no less than 90 days before the event
- The 50% balance of the styling budget no less than 14 before the event
- For any additional costs incurred by the Owner in the 14 days prior to the event, the Customer will be invoiced after the event concludes. The final invoice is due upon receipt.
- The Customer may cancel an order, or part of an order, but may forfeit any hire fees paid as follows:
- If the booking is cancelled 14 days or more before the event date, the Customer will forfeit 30% of the total hire fee;
- If the booking is cancelled less than 14 days before the event date, the Customer will forfeit 100% of the total hire fee.
- In the case of a booking for Styling and Planning Services, the Customer forfeits the Design Fee in addition to the above.
- These cancellation terms may apply to cancellation of individual items from any confirmed order.
6. Delivery and collection
- The Equipment shall be returned in a reasonably clean, but not necessarily sterile state or a cleaning fee may apply. The Customer must allow any representative of the Owner access to the goods at all reasonable times.
- The Customer must provide safe and proper access to and at the event site. The Customer is liable for all injury, loss or damage suffered by the Owner, its employees or agents while at the Site.
- Prices quoted are for delivery on street level, with no more than 100m between loading bay/parking to event site. Extra charges shall be payable for delivery to and removal from higher or lower levels, and for longer distances than 100m.
- The Customer is responsible for the Equipment from the time of pickup or delivery until collection or return by the Owner and shall pay for all Equipment damage or loss however caused during that period. Damage waiver is payable by the Customer to cover all costs associated with normal wear and tear to the equipment hired, the waiver does not apply to any other damage including:
- Damage resulting from overloading, exceeding rated capacity, misuse, abuse or improper servicing of equipment;
- Damage due to mysterious disappearance of the equipment;
- Damage caused by the use or operation of equipment in contravention of any of the conditions of the agreement;
- Damage to, or loss of, the equipment from any unknown cause.
- Cigarette burns on any furniture or décor items.
- Red wine spillages on any furniture or décor items
- Wax spillage on any furniture or decor items
- The Customer shall protect the Equipment from the elements during the time of delivery, use, storage or waiting period before pickup. The Customer shall maintain at its expense liability, property and casualty insurance coverage in amount necessary to fully protect the Owner and the Equipment against all claims, loss or damage of whatever nature or type. The Owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to any person, property, animal or things whatsoever arising from the use of the Equipment hereby hired and the Customer indemnifies the Owner in respect to any claims for such loss or damage.
- Any person signing the documents for and on behalf of the Customer hereby covenants with the Owner that he or she has the authority of the Customer to make this agreement on the Customer’s behalf and is empowered by the Customer to bind the Customer to this agreement and hereby indemnifies the Owner against all losses and cost incurred by the Owner arising out of the person signing this agreement failing to have such power and/or authority.
- Where the Customer is more than one person liability shall be joint.
- Where an item of Equipment is damaged during the Hire, the Customer is liable for covering the cost of the damage. The cost is determined based on the extend of the damage and the Equipment that is damaged. The Customer will be invoiced for the amount and payment is due upon receipt of invoice. If the item is damaged and unable to be repaired, the Customer may also be liable for losses of future booked hires which can now no longer go ahead.
8. Warehouse collections and returns
- The Customer may collect and return items from the Owner’s warehouse, however they must adhere to the following to transport the Equipment
- Covered vehicles only such as vans and trucks. No trailers or uncovered utes can be used to transport items.
- A cash bond will be charged to cover any damages while in transportation. Starting at $200, the amount charged will be determined in relation to the value of the Equipment hired.
- The cash bond will be refunded within seven days of the Equipment being returned, as long as the Equipement is not damaged.
- The Hirer agrees to pay for repairs or replacement of any Equipment that is destroyed or damaged as per section 7. The amound to be paid is determined based on the damage done, the replacement cost, the loss of future booked hires and any other factors relating to the situation at hand.
- The Customer agrees to ensure that any site specified on the hire agreement will be clear of all obstructions to allow the Owner to erect, install or place the hire equipment safely.
- Any items or objects that are required, or requested by the Customer, to be moved, are done so without any liability to the Owner.
- For events held on private property, the Customer must pay the Owner for pack-down to cover the additional time required to pack up the Equipment after the event.
- The Owner may seek additional payment for any unreasonable delay incurred by the Owner while waiting for the specified area to be cleared.
- The Customer agrees not to have open fires i.e. charcoal spits near any of the Equipment and accepts and acknowledges personal responsibility for the Equipment and is liable for damages.
- For styling/planning, once the Customer has agreed to and signed the design concept, if the Customer wants to change the concept, a new Design Fee is due. The original Design Fee is non-refundable.
- If an item of furniture becomes unavailable due to any reason, but including situations such as damage, non-return or being lost or stolen, the Owner reserves the right to offer an alternative item of furniture in it’s place. Refunds are not available if a piece of furniture is unavailable for a reason out of the Owners control.
© 2018 Good Day Group Pty Ltd ABN 54 612 840 338